Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819
Magical cities of bridges, cathedrals, cobbled lanes, and castles - central Europe's capitals put on a stately show in which the leads are played by Bohemian Prague, the eclectic Slovakian capital of Bratislava, and the beautiful Danube river featuring the regal cities of Vienna and Budapest where you'll break bread with a local family and hear of their heart-warming WWII rescue.
- City tour in Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Salzburg
- Orientation of Munich and Regensburg
- View the Marienplatz in Munich, St. Vitus' Cathedral and the Old Town Square of Prague, the Imperial Boulevards of Vienna and Melk Abbey
- Visit Bratislava the capital of Slovakia, the Fisherman's Bastion in Budapest and the Baroque town centre of Gyor
- 9 hot buffet breakfasts
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (818) 988-9284 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13960194
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Arrive Munich: The sophisticated city streets of Munich are your launchpad to an adventure through the capitals of Imperial Europe. Spend time at leisure soaking up the sights and sounds of the Bavarian capital, later join your fellow travellers and Travel Director on an orientation of this fascinating city. View the Marienplatz, the centre of Munich city life since the 12th century, and its enchanting Glockenspiel before a Welcome Reception to kickstart your journey.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Prague||Munich - Regensburg - Prague (2 Nights): Medieval facades and Bavarian hospitality are yours to explore this morning in the unspoilt Danube town of Regensburg, which you will have an opportunity to visit en route to the Czech Republic. Meandering through the charming Bohemian landscape to the fairy-tale city of Prague, we spend the evening at a local restaurant indulging in traditional flavours and the hearty aromas of Czech cuisine during a Regional Meal.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 3||Prague||Prague Sightseeing: Delve into centuries of history as you join a Local Specialist for a guided sightseeing tour of Prague. View the impressive Gothic architecture of St. Vitus' Cathedral in the grounds of the 1,000 year-old Prague Castle, then cross the river on your walking tour to the Old Town Square to see the magical Astronomical Clock, with its hourly Walk of the Apostles. The afternoon is yours to experience the city on your terms. Savour the delicious chocolate flavours of Trdelnik in the old Town Square, pay tribute to the saints that line the Charles Bridge or consider a relaxing lunch cruise on the Vltava.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Budapest||Prague - Bratislava - Budapest (2 Nights): We leave the beauty of Prague behind for the lush landscapes of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, with its eclectic Gothic, Baroque and Art Deco architecture. Crossing the border into Hungary, we arrive in Budapest, our home for the next two nights. Why not spend the evening meandering along the Danube on an unforgettable river cruise, enjoying a selection of Hungarian specialities and awe inspiring views.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Budapest||Budapest Sightseeing: Take in the iconic sights of Budapest on a guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the famous Chain Bridge which connects the two ancient settlements that straddle the Danube and the UNESCO-listed Castle Hill district. Visit Fisherman's Bastion paying tribute to the seven Magyar chieftains who founded the Hungarian nation, and enjoy superb views across the imposing Parliament building and the Danube below. Spend the rest of the day at leisure before joining the Schieszl family for a hearty Be My Guest Hungarian dinner and the story of their winery which once sheltered a Jewish friend who was fleeing Nazi persecution.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 6||Vienna||Budapest - Gyor - Vienna (2 Nights): A leisurely start to your morning could see you soaking up the relaxing atmosphere in the Szecheyni Spa Baths, enjoying coffee and kremes in the charming Jewish Quarter or joining a guided tour of the magnificent Parliament Building. We cross the hilly landscapes of Transdanubia, arriving in Gyor for a visit to explore its Baroque architecture and medieval charm before arriving in Vienna later for an evening at leisure to indulge in the intoxicating melodies, art and architecture of a city that was once home to famous composers - Mozart, Haydn and Strauss.Buffet Breakfast|
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Day 7||Vienna||Vienna Sightseeing: Explore the imperial splendour of Vienna at the exquisite Hofburg Palace, the former winter residence of the Habsburg Dynasty - one of the highlights of your guided sightseeing tour of Vienna with a Local Specialist, which will also include views of the grand State Opera House and Ringstrasse, a beautiful sweeping boulevard built in the 19th century to replace the city walls. Admire the ornate colourful roof of St. Stephen's Cathedral, one of the city's most beloved icons, before spending the afternoon at leisure. Visit the Baroque Schonbrunn Palace with its tranquil gardens or enjoy Vienna's musical talents at one of the performances for which the city is famous.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Salzburg||Vienna - Wachau Valley - Salzburg Sightseeing: The enchanting landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley provides a picturesque backdrop for our leisurely drive today past vineyards and fortresses en route to Salzburg. We see the Benedictine Melk Abbey perched on a rocky outcrop above the Danube and learn about its royal connections. Arriving in the fairy-tale Baroque city of Salzburg, we embark on a leisurely walking tour of its magical Old Town with a Local Specialist. Dine in your hotel this evening.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Munich||Salzburg - Munich: After exploring the surrounds of Salzburg, depart Austria for the sophisticated city of Munich in Germany. Celebrate an unforgettable journey through some of Europe's most magical cities during a Farewell Dinner with your travel companions and Travel Director this evening. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 10||Depart Munich||Depart Munich: For now it's time to say a fond Auf Wiedersehen to Germany, your fellow travellers and Travel Director at the end of your exhilarating European experience. Transfers to Munich airport are available, conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Christmas & New Year's Eve Highlights: The 17 December 2018 departure will celebrate Christmas in Munich. The 23 December 2018 departure will celebrate Christmas in Prague and toast New Year's Eve in Munich. And the 27 December 2018 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Budapest. Each of these specially arranged festive meal celebrations will replace one of the included meals featured in the itinerary.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class